Often I get asked what to do for fitness. This is really a loaded question and it all really depends on you and your specific goals… What do you want?! You first need to figure out what you want and then work backwards. For some of you, you may be competing in a sport or competition. But for most of us, we are just trying to be healthy and look our best, with goals like losing weight and building muscle… getting toned.
I will be adding more here, but for now I will leave you with the basics for ‘the rest of us’.
Perform big, compound movements
- Squat, Deadlift, or Leg Press
- Overhead Press
- Pulldowns, or Chin Ups
- Chest Press, Bench Press, Pushups
- Rows – bent over, renegate, or dumbbell
- Sprint work 1-2x per week
- Ab work every day (if you can). You will want to do “weighted” exercises 2-3x per week, and “bodyweight” or “tone” exercises for all the other days.